Friday, February 24, 2012

OR ORE Word Works Station

 Of all phonics sound/spelling sorts, I dunno why I ended up making this one. :} Good grief! Lol. I think I was just frustrated with the missing "e" at the end of certain words, but my class thinks if they add an 'e' the o would be a long o. It doesn't help that we have been learning about "magic e". :D Thus, I present to you our current phonics station sort. 
OR vs. ORE Header Cards {click here}
 
As your students master each word you can make copies of the sort cards and whiteout a few letters to make this sort more challenging for them.

OR vs. ORE Sort Cards {CLICK HERE}

Here's our exit/extension worksheet. I print this on BOTH sides of a copy paper. Students are supposed to draw and label ONE word from the sort (or one they think of themselves) in each box. So, essentially each card from the sort has a spot on the worksheet. :D The bottom lines are used to write sentences using the words from the sort.
OR vs. ORE Sorting Exit/Extension Worksheet {CLICK HERE}

Please enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Sophia,

    I am so glad I just found your blog....it is wonderful! =)

    You have some awesome *freebies*!

    I am now a follower and would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. I am a 1st grade teacher too and I try and share a lot of *freebies*. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophia - your blog is super cute! I just found you and am your newest follower. Looks like you have a lot of cute things going on here. I teach first too and am having a great giveaway. Come on over and check it out sometime.
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower! I would love if you would stop by and visit me...

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete